Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park (TSMP) is located on 500 acres of rolling hills in northeast Connecticut. The land has held racetracks for 76 years and an 18-hole golf course for 65 years. Today, the facility includes more than ever before.
On the motorsports side, TSMP offers a uniquely diverse variety of track layouts and race courses. We’re the only facility in Connecticut with both an oval and a road course – with racing to appeal to all kinds of fans and drivers.
- Newly incorporated into the oval is the rebirth of Thompson’s 1.7 mile road racing circuit. Within the 1.7 mile road racing circuit is an option to eliminate the clubhouse hairpin turn, creating a 1.5 mile configuration that includes the challenge of a sweeting set of S-curves through the bridge turn.
- The facility also boasts a 1/10th mile quarter midget facility as well as 4.5 acre autocross area and 250’ diameter skid pad complete with irrigation.
- There are new installations throughout the racetrack area, including:
- A 110’ span bridge that will accommodate hauler traffic in and out of the paddock area
- Thirty stall garage building
- New classrooms, offices, restrooms, timing and scoring tower, concessions stands
- New entrance and registrations building
- Upgraded safety fencing and barriers
- Upgraded New England Race Fuels / Sunoco fuel station
- TSMP today also includes new offerings:
The Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park team is here to work with you to accommodate any and all of your racing, driving and testing needs.
The facility still includes the Raceway Golf Club, a classic New England 18-hole golf course, and the Raceway Restaurant, which overlooks both our golf course and race tracks. The restaurant building, which also serves as the Clubhouse, includes an expanded Banquet and Event facility where we can host events of all types for up to 300 guests.
Finally, adjacent to the Raceway Restaurant, you will find Bogey’s Ice Cream, which serves the area’s best ice cream to race fans, golfers and ice cream lovers from all over the region.
Racing Fuels Available on Site
Fuel is available most times when the gates are open and the pumps are run by credit card only. Please call the Speedway at 860-823-2280 to confirm access before heading to the track to purchase fuel.